Entry Level Medical Coder Assistant
Our client, a well-known company located in Dothan, is now hiring Medical Billing Specialists! If you are interested in a medical office position in Dothan, this could be the position for you! As a Medical Billing Specialist, you will provide critical support to medical providers by completing the important administrative tasks that are vital to the functioning of our healthcare system. Medical Billing Specialists, also known as Insurance Billing Specialists, are responsible for translating every healthcare service rendered, into a standardized medical billing code that can be used to obtain payment from insurance companies. Medical Billing Specialists also work directly with clients, working with them to identify payment options and create payment plans. If you have excellent communication skills, are detail-oriented and organized, a position as a Medical Billing Specialist may be a good fit for you. Opportunities for advancement and on-the-job training in this Dothan company!
- Translate healthcare services rendered into standardized medical billing codes.
- Create medical billing reports to request payment from clients and/or insurance companies.
- Communicate directly with patients to discuss payment options and create payment plans
- Work with insurance companies to obtain payments.
- Process and perform completion of claims, record outstanding claims, and resolve denial instances
- Submit billing data to the appropriate insurance providers
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to complete tasks in a prompt and timely manner
- Ability to perform duties in a calm and professional manner
- Knowledge of medical terminology, current medical billing/coding procedures, and current medical billing software desired, but not required
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- No experience necessary
- No qualifications necessary
- Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week
- Benefits: Comprehensive Package, After 60 Days
- Posted: 2022-01-22 through 2022-02-22